The Mirvish Village BIA is looking for a part-time Coordinator for up to 10 hours/week. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision while consulting and reporting to the Board Chair and supporting the work of the board as required. Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines will be crucial to the successful carrying out of tasks assigned. Knowledge of MS Office and social media skills are required. Previous BIA experience is an asset.
The job description below is not intended to be comprehensive. Other tasks may arise:
- Schedule monthly board meetings as well as prepare agenda and take minutes
- Respond to all correspondence in a timely manner
- Prepare invoices and organize financials for accountant as well as help prepare annual budget
- Prepare applications for grants and sponsorships as directed by Board Chair
- Share any important correspondence or inquiries with the Board Chair
- Attend conferences and professional development events as requested by the Board Chair
Communications / Marketing
- Maintain contact database as well as prepare monthly newsletter for members
- Manage the BIAs’ websites and mailing lists
- Manage all aspects of the BIAs’ social media platforms
- Report to the Board Chair where maintenance is required - for example in the case of vandalism or items that need replacement
- Facilitate the contracting of streetscaping and maintenance services including planters, baskets, banners, snow clearing, parkettes, murals. This may include sourcing multiple quotes.
- Oversee the execution of maintenance contracts under the direction of the board
Please submit your resume, cover letter and samples of your social media and writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit is Wednesday, January 24th by 5pm.